The 2020 Snowbird Gala scheduled for October 10th, 2020 has been canceled. Stay tuned for more details on how you can still support St. Mary Cathedral School this fall!
We are kicking off another year of our Snowbird Cash Raffle fundraiser. This fundraiser supports our school and our students, with all dollars raised touching almost every aspect of the student experience at St. Mary Cathedral School. This raffle is a great way to keep the cost of tuition low, while allowing you, your friends and family a chance to win big! To support the most important fundraiser at St. Mary School, each school family (K-12) is required to sell 10 packets of 4 tickets at $25 per ticket (families who only have a child in Y5 are being asked to sell/buy 3 packets of 4 tickets).
NEW RAFFLE TIMELINE: Due to the Coronavirus, we have shifted the Cash Raffle to take place from August-March, giving you 8 months to sell your tickets and keeping all of our sales within our fiscal/school year.
Cash Raffle Drawing Dates:
- October 10: THREE $1,000 Cash Prizes
- December 18: $1,000 Cash Prize
- February 19: $1,000 Cash Prize
- March 17: $10,000 GRAND PRIZE WINNER
As a reminder, after each drawing, the winning ticket will go back into the pot.
ALL Tickets must be turned in by March 1st.
NEW THIS YEAR! INCENTIVE PRIZE OPPORTUNITIES:
- If all of your tickets are turned in by September 1st, your family receives 5 entries to win $1,000 off your 2020-2021 tuition, which will be drawn on September 8th, (Tuesday after Labor Day).
- If all of your tickets are turned in by September 25th, your family receives 3 entries to win $500 off your 2020-2021 tuition, which will be drawn on September 25th, 2020 (Grandparents Day).
- If all of your tickets are turned in by October 1st, your family receives 1 entry to win $500 off tuition. Winner will be drawn on October 10th, 2020.
Tickets are kept in for each drawing. All families who sell all of their tickets will be entered to win door prizes during the final drawing on March 17th as well.
- Because tuition alone does not cover the cost of educating our students
- We rely on fundraising and charitable support to bridge the “tuition gap” and keep overall tuition low
- Assists with the cost of school supplies, text books and other operational needs of the school
- Supports numerous school programs such as Band and Youth in Government
- Allows us to continue to offer a faith filled educational experience while keeping tuition low
- Buying or selling your tickets early allows the ticket holder entry into ALL of the drawings.
- For every unsold ticket, $25 will be added to the family’s tuition bill for the current year.
- Because of the amount of tickets sold per family, it is important to keep track of your tickets and stubs and to turn them into the school office shortly after you sell them (be sure to watch for the incentive and early bird deadlines)!
- Sell your tickets to family, friends, neighbors, or buy them yourself!
- If you would like to sell your tickets at the Cathedral before and after weekend Masses, or during athletic events, please contact Nicholas Hemker to be put on the schedule. (989) 705-3569 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You have 8 months to sell your tickets!
- You must be at least 18 years old to sell a raffle ticket.
- The ticket purchaser must be at least 18 years old, however an adult may put a minor’s name on the ticket stub and prizes may be awarded to a minor.
- Raffle tickets cannot be purchased in the name of “St. Mary Cathedral School” nor can the school be awarded the prize(s).
- Per State of Michigan gaming laws, all unsold tickets and stubs MUST be accounted for and returned to the school.
St. Mary Family Ideas to Sell Your Cash Raffle Tickets:
Who have you bought a ticket from lately? Go back and ask them to buy a ticket from you.
Sign up to sell your tickets after mass at St. Mary Cathedral. (Starting May 4th/5th)
Sign up to sell tickets during sporting events!
Make sure to bring your tickets to your next family gathering!
Consider asking 5 friends or family members to go in on tickets together. (the seller needs to keep track of these details)
Ask your child's fellow classmate parent's to pitch in on a ticket for the class. (If it is a winning ticket, the money goes into a classroom needs fund)
Ask your social circles to buy a ticket. (co-workers, neighbors, your book group, Bible Study, club sports...)